Sat, Mar 25|
CBAS Studio In the Essex Studio Building
Advanced Gel Printing Techniques for the Book
Cincinnati Book Arts Society presents an in-person workshop with internationally known multi-media artist, calligrapher, book artist and instructor Jacqueline Sullivan.
Time & Location
Mar 25, 9:30 AM – Mar 26, 4:00 PM
CBAS Studio In the Essex Studio Building, 2511 Essex Pl, Cincinnati, OH 45206, USA
About the Event
The Gelli Plate is a tool that encourages play, but it can also be a serious fine art tool. Learn the basics of mono printing with the gel plate, but then take the processes further to create some beautiful layered art. No experience necessary! Jacqueline will guide you step-by-step as you create amazing papers loaded with layers of color and design. We will start with stencils, but also work with creating hand made marks, and even painting directly onto the plate. Create more painterly effects using water to pickup bits of color already on the plate. Learn how to make collage papers as well as finished prints . Practice on a variety of papers and elevate your art beyond simple printing with stencils and you will become even more addicted to this fun and simple printing process. We’ll use out finished papers to make “The Book of Secret Places: on Sunday. This is a wonderfully interactive concertina structure that has endless possibilities. You will literally be building I the secret compartments!
- CBAS members $125 Non-members $140
- A supply fee of $15 will be due to Jacqueline at the beginning ofthe session.
- RESERVE A PLACE NOW BY EMAILING email@example.com. Space is limited. Sign up early to guarantee your place.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE MARCH 1, 2023 Reservations made March 12 or after must be done through PayPalwhich includes a service charge.
Your registration fee includes:
- Use of a gel plate. - sizes may vary
- All paints for the gel plate - a combo of OPEN acrylics and Heavy Body acrylics.
- All paints for the workshop -Some markkmaking tools.Misc.
- Mixed Media supplies.
- Some papers, including mixed media papers and deli papers and tissue papers
- Saturday, March 25 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 26 1:00-4:00 p.m.
A student supply list will be sent to all confirmed attendees. Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel your reservation, your registration fee will be refunded if we are able to fill your place. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Jacqueline: https://www.jacquelinesullivan.com